Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GXW Inferno TV reviews
WrestlingPower
post Dec 17 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #1

Mid-Atlantic Legend

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 126

I found out a couple days ago that GXW was paying for time from 6:30-7pm on Fridays on Richmond Comcast Cable Ch. 209. This is the digital "extra" channel of Fox 35 which is the same channel Smackdown airs on. Not sure if this is the first airing on this channel or not. I might catch hell for reviewing this, but it's free on my TV and I'm curious so here goes. This bridge is probably safe to burn anyway.

Show opened with a backstage conversation with Mitch-a-palooza & Eddie Diamond setting up a tag match for 12/17 (tonight). Not sure how many people hopped directly in the car to head to Prince George after this. Not bad, acting was really no better or worse than that "why is the camera there" stuff on Raw but Diamond has this look on his face like he's grinning the whole time.

Show totally has public access level production values, but it is what it is. Not a Fusion level TV shoot.

1) Standards & Practices vs. Holy Union in a TLC match from Jan. 2010's Xero Hour show. These guys obviously watched some Hardys matches as they tried to do a lot of the moves. Tried being the key word as this was pretty rough, like a backyard match almost. The constant crawler across the bottom of the screen was too slow and distracting from the match. Strickland took a hell of a bump off the ladder, over the top rope, thru 2 tables. *1/4

Show was almost like a throwback to the indies of yesteryear around here but these guys have to start somewhere I guess.

I will give them credit for not giving up. GXW has historically really busted their butts to get the word out about their promotion and this show was a constant plug for their website and they have gotten a couple sponsors that were plugged at the end of the show. Not sure what return on investment they are going to get from this (if anyone can find it), but it's better than internet only I guess and their school must be doing well enough to make ends meet as this group has been around for 4ish years now. I will continue to record this in case anyone is interested but not sure how religiously I will watch it.

Oh, and something positive, I enjoyed Neil Sharkey on commentary as he seemed to be playing straight man instead of heel manager and covered for the guys well, moreso than I would have had a desire to do.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 07:11 PM
2007 AirplaneSpin.com