> DISCUSS: Jacques Rougeau
Nick Sharpe
post Jun 8 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #1

Why so serious?

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

First, the news piece (from TWNPnews.com):
- Former WWE Intercontinental and Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau Jr. wrestled what he says was his retirement match on May 28th in Drummondville, Quebec in front of a nice crowd of 2,750 fans. Rougeau teamed with his son JJ Rougeau to face Frank the Machine and former WWE star Kurrgan

Ok, maybe it's just me, but I remember his work as one of The Amazing French Canadians, The Quebecers, and his standalone work as The Mountie as some of the most entertaining while being a bit more athletic that his standard competitors. (The matches of him and brother Raymond vs. The Hart Foundation from the late 80's being especially good tag matches.) Plus, he does have the distinction of being one of the only 3 or 4 wrestlers to get a clean win over Hogan during the 90's. (THe others being Warrior at Mania 6, Piper at Halloween Havoc, and possibly Goldberg.)

Thoughts?

--------------------

"You chicken choking pecker puke!" ~ Terry Funk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick Sharpe
post Jun 17 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #2

Why so serious?

Tim? Anyone?

*crickets chirp*

... Ok, I guess I'm the only one who was influenced by "Not the norm" wrestlers here, huh?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nick Sharpe
post Oct 31 2011, 04:36 PM
Post #3

Why so serious?

And now coming off the news of Barry Windham's health issues, I see this:

Former WWE performer Jacques Rougeau was diagnosed with prostate cancer last Tuesday, reports Québec Hebdo.

Rougeau, who is 51 years old, was diagnosed with the disease after undergoing tests but is undergoing further testing to reaffirm the diagnosis.

Québec Hebdo reports his prostate was “the size of a grapefruit” and that his family has history with the disease. Rougeau, however, has also had problems with kidney stones, which could also be a contributing factor to the state of his prostate.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 11:22 PM
© 2007 AirplaneSpin.com