Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ricky Morton vs. ... Marvin Ward?
WrestlingPower
post Sep 13 2011, 12:03 PM
Post #21

Mid-Atlantic Legend

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 126

I asked you first. And the current state of this board & my fandom isn't worth making enemies over.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick Sharpe
post Sep 13 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #22

Why so serious?

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

Well, the fact that there is a scene out here would be a great start, for one. Then delve into groups like Fusion and GXW and whatnot. More exposure on guys like The Set, D.W., Mofo, and B-Day.

--------------------

"You chicken choking pecker puke!" ~ Terry Funk

+Quote Post
Rob Hoffmann
post Sep 19 2011, 03:59 PM
Post #23

Last Admin Standing

Member No.: 11

Marvin Ward has excused himself from the in-ring proceedings. From PWInsider.com:

The 10/15 Awesome Wrestling Entertainment PPV in Virginia will be headlined by The Rock N' Roll Express taking on Kevin Nash and a new mystery partner, who looks to be Sean Waltman or Diamond Dallas Page. The storyline was that Doug Gibson (promoter Marvin Ward) was injured over the weekend at the AWE event and taken out of his scheduled tag match. The PPV is still not listed on the InDemand website, but sources there did indicate there was at least communication within the last two weeks over carrying the show. Tommy Dreamer, Terry Funk, Rhino, CW Anderson, The Midnight Express, The Mulkeys, and more are scheduled for the event. Wrestlers signed contracts specifically for PPV.

--------------------

+Quote Post
breakin away fro...
post Sep 21 2011, 05:40 AM
Post #24

Upper Midcarder

Member No.: 5,225

QUOTE (Rob Hoffmann @ Sep 19 2011, 04:59 PM) *
Marvin Ward has excused himself from the in-ring proceedings. From PWInsider.com:

1.SO THE CONTRACT SIGNING WITH MARVIN AND NASH AND ROCK AND ROLL EXPRESS,REALLY NASH HAD TO SHOW UP AND USE A CHAIR....HOW MUCH DID THAT SURPRISE COST YOU MARVIN I KNOW RICKY DIDNT LIKE IT HE TOLD ME YOU WAS GONNA PAY FOR IT, YOU SHOULD REALLY TALK TO THE WORKERS

2.MARVIN WARD HAS A BUSTED WRIST, HE PLAYED A GAME WITH RICKY MORTON AND ROBERT GIBSON,MMMMM DOUG GIBSON.........SO THE MID NIGHT EXPRESS CAME OUT AND WORKED WITH THE ROCK AND ROLL EXPRESS AND USED A CHAIR ON HIS ARM. A WORK OR FOR REAL, IT DID GO BAD,SOME SAYS IT IS DESERVED.
WELL I SAY IT WAS DESERVED.MARVIN I WILL BE AT YOUR PPV .HATE TO THINK SOMETHING OR SOMEONE WILL MESS THIS UP FOR YOU....A DREAM COME TRUE ITS ONLY BUSINESS MY SO CALL BRO.....
3. STAY BEHIND THE SCENES KEEP THE EGO IN CHECK.
4.YOU CAN ONLY AVOID THIS FOR SO LONG

+Quote Post
WrestlingPower
post Sep 30 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #25

Mid-Atlantic Legend

PWInsider reported today:
"Sources at InDemand confirmed that a contract to broadcast the PPV has been signed and they will be carrying the 10/15 AWE PPV at 9 PM Eastern."

Who are these people that are actually interested in this? I live 90 min from the venue and have heard NO ONE express interest or a knowledge that the show is even happening. The show is going to look wonderful on PPV with a couple hundred people in the crowd. Doug will find someway to get his face on the air, his ego won't allow him to stay backstage.

+Quote Post
tbowles
post Oct 1 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #26

Jobber

Member No.: 5,297

I for one am very interested. Say what you want to about Doug, has anyone else been able to pull off a real worldwide PPV. Never. Plus its his show, if he wants on it, why not. Anyone else in his shoes would do the same. All of us dream about having a chance like this. Just to be fair, as far as a couple hundred tickets as you said, the women at Expo said they have over a 1000 pre sold already. VIP and Ringside sold out weeks ago. So I guess their are plenty of people who have interest in it. Come on guys, you know as well as I do, this is a great thing for wrestling in Virginia. This will be one of the biggest non wwe, tna shows ever in this state. Who cares who puts it on, everyone should be supporting it, becuase it could mean more indy wrestling for Virginia on a regular basis. I for one am behind that.

+Quote Post
breakin away fro...
post Oct 8 2011, 12:41 PM
Post #27

Upper Midcarder

Member No.: 5,225

QUOTE (tbowles @ Oct 1 2011, 02:43 PM) *
I for one am very interested. Say what you want to about Doug, has anyone else been able to pull off a real worldwide PPV. Never. Plus its his show, if he wants on it, why not. Anyone else in his shoes would do the same. All of us dream about having a chance like this. Just to be fair, as far as a couple hundred tickets as you said, the women at Expo said they have over a 1000 pre sold already. VIP and Ringside sold out weeks ago. So I guess their are plenty of people who have interest in it. Come on guys, you know as well as I do, this is a great thing for wrestling in Virginia. This will be one of the biggest non wwe, tna shows ever in this state. Who cares who puts it on, everyone should be supporting it, becuase it could mean more indy wrestling for Virginia on a regular basis. I for one am behind that.

ok heres the thing,doug.... marvin whatever he is being called now days......
if this show goes on...... a 1000 pre sold tickets will be great....but it has to be pull off without a hitch alot of money is involved. alot of people has alot of time invested.I for one will be at this one as well looking for the payoff...to see exactly whats the count is and ppv buys i have looked at numbers its ligit so let the money come in,THIS WILL BE A DRAW OF ALL DRAWS AWE PPV SAT THEN TNA ON SUNDAY who will the top seller on this in waynesboro and fluvanna doug helped me out and we out drew tna both times when they was just down the road from us

+Quote Post
WrestlingPower
post Oct 15 2011, 11:18 AM
Post #28

Mid-Atlantic Legend

So what's the latest on this? I was out of town all week & came back & heard about people calling Ward a carney & looking to get info on his real name etc. Curious how screwed up this show may or may not be & what the story is.

+Quote Post
Rob Hoffmann
post Oct 16 2011, 07:10 AM
Post #29

Last Admin Standing

Member No.: 11

From several reports on PWInsider.com:

The card:

• Tommy Dreamer pinned Terry Funk - finish was screwed up by the ref, ending the match at least 10 minutes early, throwing the timing of the card off.
  • Jamin Olivencia pinned Sonjay Dutt
  • The money mark (alternately named "Hank" and "Rick Garrison") cut a promo on Perry Saturn, then did commentary during the next match.
  • Perry Saturn pinned CW Anderson.
  • Hacksaw Duggan pinned Mohammed Akbar.
  • Alex Silva (w/Tammy Sytch) pinned Dave Finlay.
  • Short Sleeve Sampson pinned Abo Shongo.
  • After airing the wrong pretape, footage was shown of the Rock'n'Roll Express attacking Marvin Ward, the Midnight Express making the save and then turning on Ward, with Diamond Dallas Page making the save.
  • Rock'n'Roll Express vs. Kevin Nash/Diamond Dallas Page - cancelled by Marvin Ward, who made it a singles match.
  • Rick Morton defeated Kevin Nash by countout in a No DQ match after Nash powerbombed Morton and walked off. Ron Garvin was the special ref.

Advertised but not appearing on the PPV: Baby Doll, Tully Blanchard, Amy Dumas, Buddy Landell, Ivan Koloff, Tommy Rich, George South, Rip Sawyer, Tracy Smothers, Chris Hamrick. Doll, Blanchard, Dumas, and Koloff may have been at the venue and not used (PWInsider is unclear on that point).

Live gate was close to 2000. PPV buys were, based on PWInsider feedback, not strong.

Bill Mulkey beat Dennis Condrey in a dark match.

PPV ended 35 minutes before the broadcast window did.

The main event was reported as "terrible". Dutt-Olivencia "stole the show".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Preston Quinn
post Oct 18 2011, 04:33 AM
Post #30

Main Eventer

Member No.: 353

Man, I hope they had A LOT of sponsors...

+Quote Post
doingjobs4life
post Dec 11 2011, 02:06 PM
Post #31

Jobber

Member No.: 5,299

Best thing about Marvin Ward is he does bring the big names and the big shows in and helps the little guys keep going by peaking interest in pro wrestling in the area. Thus helping the small indy shows draw.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 06:42 AM
2007 AirplaneSpin.com